On this Harvest MoonOct 01, 2020
The Harvest Fiery Full Moon in Aries reminds us to push through. Now is not the time for despair, but for courage and a soulful stirring of our strength.
The Full Moon in Aries gives us an extra boost of energy, inspiring us to find purpose in hardships and to keep moving forward despite the difficulties and challenges we encounter.
Full Moons represent the peak phase of the lunar cycle, a moment of breakthrough, culmination, and maturation. They offer us the chance to release the results of our work, to share it with the collective, and to let go of everything that we no longer want to carry.
Yet, Aries is the first sign of the Zodiac: this infuses the Harvest Moon with the energy of a new beginning, it increases our desire for freedom, new experiences, and lowers our tolerance for lack and limitations.
The Harvest Moon is the Full Moon closest to the Autumnal Equinox. In the Northern Hemisphere, this event signals the beginning of Fall and the need to harvest the crops: it held a specific significance for ancient peoples, and it was considered a very potent time to harness the power of gratitude and abundance.
Autumn winds help winnow or blow through the grains in order to separate the chaff - the part of the plant which is not food.
Now is the time for us to become discerning with our attention to our thoughts, winnowing away the “chaff” of fruitless thinking.
For it is our thoughts that create. Our thoughts are the “seeds” we plant for the harvest to come.
When we become impeccable in our attention to our thoughts, we can reclaim our minds by making conscious choices that benefit life.
SIMPLE FULL MOON RITUAL
This evening or in the coming days, light a candle or sit by the fire. Create time to journal and contemplate:
- What can you celebrate and feel grateful for?
- What do you now recognize as needing to change or be shifted for coming seasons and years ahead?
- Can you witness this and assess it with compassion for yourself and hope for what is to come?
- What is your Intention for the coming 6 months?
- Where would you like to “be” (emotionally, physically, financially, geographically) by the Spring Equinox (March 22nd, 2021)?
- What habits, behaviors and patterns will you implement to be sure you are winnowing away the “chaff” of your life, and within your mind?
- Of the “fruits” you’ve harvested, what needs composting, as you recognize that they don’t serve a future you intend?
On this Harvest Moon, may we take a few moments to give thanks for whatever we are harvesting… and even if that doesn’t feel like what you are wanting, can you find the potential blessing in it?
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.